Life is too short to hold grudges. Grudges keep you in the past and hold you back from enjoying the moment that you should be in...which is the present.
- What good has come out of this?
- How has this impacted my life?
- How can I except God to forgive my sins if I don’t forgive the sins of others?
- Have I ever tried to see both sides of the situation that caused my feelings?
- Have I tried to sincerely reach out and give a heartfelt apology about the situation even though I might not be entirely at fault? Remember that forgiveness is just as much about you as the other person.
- Acknowledge your feelings and work through them...and then LET IT GO...even if the feeling is not reciprocated.
Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the bosom of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:17-21